Welcome to lz284.org
Email: lz284 AT njit.edu
- Liang Zhang [S'15, M'20] (lz284 AT njit.edu) received Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT, Top 100 National Universities in US), Newark, NJ, USA, in 2020, M.S. degree in Electronic Engineering and Information Science from University of Science and Technology of China (USTC, 87th World University Rankings), Hefei, China, in 2014, and B.S. degree in Electronic and Science and Technology from Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST, 301-350th World University Rankings), Wuhan, China.
- Liang Zhang is a recipient of the Hashimoto Prize in NJIT for the best doctoral dissertation in 2020, the Travel Grant Award from IEEE GLOBECOM in 2016, the Best Paper Award at IEEE ICNC in 2014, and the prize of the National Scholarship of Graduate Students in China in 2013.
- Liang Zhang has more than 30 publications and more than 1300 citations according to Google Scholar. His research interests include machine learning, mobile edge computing, UAV communications, wireless communications, and Internet of Things (IoT).
- 09/2020- 03/2021, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Ying Wu College of Computing .
Conducting research on designing machine learning (i.e., deep reinforcement learning) algorithms for the UAV placement, computing and communication resources assignment in the UAV-aided mobile edge computing network.
- 05/2016~08/2016, Summer Internship at the Department of Fixed Access Network, Futuewei Technologies, Bridgewater, NJ, 08807, USA.
Worked on the channel bonding of the 100 EPON and NG-PON2 (Supervisor: Dr. Yuanqiu Luo).
Conducting research on designing and evaluating protocols in the MAC layer for the channel bonding of the 100 Gbps EPON and NG-PON2.
- Ph.D. 09/2014 ~ 05/2020 , Electircal and Computer Engineering (ECE), New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT, top 100 national university in US),
Newark, 07102, USA.
Advisor: Distinguished Prof. Nirwan Ansari
Dissertation: Communications with Spectrum Sharing in 5G Networks via Drone-mounted Base Stations, 04/20/2020.
- M.S. 09/2011 ~ 06/2014, Information and Communication Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC, 87th World University Rankings
2021), Hefei, 230000, China.
Advisor: Prof. Zuqing Zhu
Dissertation: Investigation of Dynamic Resource Allocation in Inter-Datacenter Networks over Optical Infrastructure, 05/2014.
硕士学位论文: 光数据中心网络中动态资源分配的优化算法研究, 中国科技大学, 05/2014.
Honors and Awards
|2020||Hashimoto Prize ($5,000) for Best Doctoral Dissertation in New Jersey Institute of Technology|
|2016||IEEE Globecom 2016 Student Travel Grant (NFS Travel Grant), $1,000|
|2014||"Best Paper Award" of IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (IEEE ICNC) (Top 1%)|
|2014||Outstanding Graduate Student of USTC (Top 1%)|
|2013||National Scholarship of Graduate Students (Top 0.2%, ¥20,000, the highest honor for master students in China)|
|2011- 2014||Full Tuition Scholarship for Three Years' Study in USTC|